Eye Associates of Lancaster participates in many major health care plans. In such cases, we will submit your charges directly to them. Patients are responsible for their copayments and any non-covered services at the time of their appointment.
Please read your insurance plan carefully, since the amounts paid for office visits and procedures may vary widely from one plan to another. According to our office policy, concerns about any insurance reimbursement should be discussed between you and your insurance company.
To our vision and wellness plan patients: Vision plans cover routine eye exams for naturally occurring problems with your eye such as myopia, presbyopia, or astigmatism for which you would need glasses or contact lenses to correct. Eye Associates participates with Vision Service Plan (VSP) and Vision Benefits of America (VBA).
You may have a wellness benefit that covers an exam and refraction included in your medical plan. It is your responsibility to inform our Staff at the time of scheduling if your intent is to use this benefit.
Often times you may have diseases of the eye that may cause you to lose vision or blindness or medical diseases such as diabetes, glaucoma, and cataracts, etc. These situations may require your doctor to code the exam as a medical condition and/or perform further diagnostic testing of which vision and wellness plans do not recognize as covered services. You may need to use your medical insurance for these tests. Diagnostic tests may range from $78.00-$105.00 each. Also, you have the option of re-scheduling for these tests and/or to use your medical benefits.
In addition, Eye Associates may not participate in your vision plan of which you will be responsible for the charges and we will give you a receipt in order for you to submit to your vision plan. For example, a complete exam may cost up to $170.00 plus a refraction charge of $42.00(price subject to change). If you have any questions, please ask a staff member to discuss.
To our Medicare patients: Our office will submit the necessary information to Medicare and we will accept Medicare assignment. Medicare will pay 80% of the approved bill. The remaining 20% and any non-covered services will be the responsibility of you or your private insurance company.
To patients with Blue Shield and many of the commercial insurance plans listed below: Our office will submit the necessary information for those patients whose coverage includes the services provided. If your plan does not cover office visits, you will need to submit a claim to your Plan.
Our billing department is available to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have about costs. If you should experience financial difficulties, please contact our Patient Accounts Manager, who will work with you to customize a payment schedule.
Payment for Services
Payment for all services is the responsibility of the patient. Payment for office visits is expected at the time of your visit when service is provided. As a patient, you will be given an itemized receipt that may be attached to any form your insurance company requires. Payments may be made in cash, check, or by Visa. MasterCard, or Discover in our medical offices or optical shops.
Participating Insurance Plans
- Advantra PPO (Health Assurance)
- Aetna – PPO – HMO – Medicare Plans
- AmeriHealth Administrators/Blair Mill/Gettysburg Health Plan
- Berkshire Health Plan/PPHN
- Capital Blue Cross
- Capital Blue Cross Keystone Health Plan Central
- Coventry Health Care/First Health
- Devon Health Services
- Freedom Blue PPO (Highmark Blue Shield)
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Great West Healthcare
- Health America
- Health Assurance
- Health Net (formerly Tricare)
- Highmark Blue Shield
- Humana PPO
- Humana Vision Care Plan (VCP)
- InterCounty Hosp Plan
- Medicare Complete Choice (United Healthcare)
- Medicare Novitas Solutions
- Medicare Railroad Retiree
- Penn State Health Pass
- Personal Choice (Independent Blue Cross)
- Preferred Health Care/PHC/Unity/PPHN/Old Order Group
- Secure Horizons Direct
- Senior Blue (Capital Blue Cross)
- Teamster’s Central Pennsylvania
- Today’s Options PPO
- Unison Advantage of Pa (Medicare Only) HMO requires referral from PCP
- United Healthcare (Not Community Plan)
- UPMC for Life- Medicare
- VIBRA Health Plan
- VBA – Vision Benefits of America
- VSP – Vision Service Plan
Participation with insurance plans may change at any time. Please consult with your benefits manager to confirm that Eye Associates of Lancaster is available as a provider.
To Medical Assistance (Medicaid) patients: Eye Associates does not participate in any medical assistance plans including Healthy PA.
Care Credit is a flexible monthly payment option. It is specifically designed for eye surgery, vision and LASIK with interest free financing and low monthly payments.
For more information:
Visit www.carecredit.com or call (800) 677-0718 to apply for a CareCredit card.